Up Cycled from decommissioned shipping containers, the Coastal Pods Wynyard, offer a unique take on self-contained accommodation. Situated on the banks of the Inglis River in North West Tasmania, sun fills these unique luxury escape pods, offering a seaside sanctuary from which to while away some down time. Each architecturally designed pod has been lovingly constructed and styled to provide maximum comfort and energy efficiency, whilst retaining a design nod to the industrial beach foundation of the development. The styling influence is beach industrial chic (Yes I’m forging a new style!), with an eye to embrace opportunities for recycling and repurposing of found object into pieces of beauty and sustainable functionality.
Inspired by a trip to Christchurch New Zealand, the owners of the Waterfront Wynyard, Cyndia Hilliger and Justin McErlain were keen to utilise shipping containers in a unique way to add to their existing motel accommodation pool. Each Coastal Pod, named after seafaring terms of Starboard and Port, has been set up as a self-contained unit, complete with kitchen, laundry and two king size bedrooms with ensuite and master bathroom facilities. An intimate reading nook with full sized picture windows gives you a private reading sanctuary bathed in northern sunshine. The lounge opens on to the enormous north facing deck, with all the river precinct views you can handle. Watch the fishing boats unload their catch, as sailboats navigate the river tides.
The Port Pod unit has a ramped access and ample circulation space for those travellers with wheelchair access requirements. All access to main entry point, main bathroom and main bedroom area have been built to the standards detailed in the Building Code of Australia. The book nook, first bedroom and ensuite are standard accessibility only and may be difficult to access with some wheelchairs. Please refer to the specific Accessibility Pod Measurements if in doubt.
- Ramped access to main deck area
- Portable ramped entry to main entry point, which can also be used at glass slider door point
- Wider hallway and doorway entry to all doors within unit
- Master bedroom with easy access wardrobe area (Port Pod)
- Bathroom wet area has a shower seat, rated to take weight up to 250kg
- Bathroom area has grab rails, set to recommended requirements of BCA
- AS1428.1 Standard Approved toilet facilities with built in back rest and support
- Double vanity with ample wheel chair access
- Ample parking at front of unit right next to ramp access and pathway
- Selection of teas and coffee, plus additional pod coffee machine
- Guest amenities and beach towels for guest use
- FOXTEL cable TV and DVD player with access to a DVD library
- Ample books / reading materials/games for use during your stay
- Outdoor fire pit
- Laundry facilities
- Heat Pump
- Selection of mini bar items and Tasmanian Wines and beers
- Portable gas BBQ
- Ample parking within close proximity to accommodation
- Weekly service included in price, extra servicing can be arranged for a set fee