Address: Northern Hwy & Queen St, Wallan VIC 3756
This multipurpose open space includes BBQs and toilets as well as the Community Bank® Adventure Playground and splash park, BMX track and walking trails.
Mitchell Shire’s premier innovative Community Bank® Adventure Playground at Wallan offers an exciting array of adventure play experiences for children of all ages and abilities. The playground includes a fun and challenging five-story tower complete with three slides and a fully accessible water splash park.
Children are offered Playground and Splash Park features such as a tummy churning 25 metre flying fox with an inclusive seat, a creek bed seating area with water jets, sensory play locations with sand and water activities and – for when they really need a cool down – under the aqua drop bucket is definitely the place to be.
The park also features covered barbecue areas, accessible change room facilities and wheelchair access. The park is also just across the road from several food and beverage outlets.
The Community Bank Adventure Playground is free and open to the public all year, with the splash park operating between 10am to 8pm from December to March. The Playground is easily accessible by car from Melbourne and has on-street parking available nearby.
Community Bank® Adventure Playground
The main playground has a 5-storey tower with 3 slides, and is free and open to the public all year. The fully accessible water splash park is open in summer.
The playground features:
- an imposing treehouse tower
- 3 slides
- varying levels of challenging climbing routes
- numerous cubby spaces throughout and underneath
- a 25-metre double flying fox with an inclusive seat
- a spinning carousel
- interactive tractor play
- multi-directional nest swings
- sand play with scoops and sensory activities
- covered BBQ areas and accessible change room facilities (excludes hoist for wheelchair to toilet transfers)
The playground has:
- wheelchair accessible pathways throughout
- an inclusive seat on the flying fox
- multi directional nest swing with impact absorbing surface
- sand play spaces include a raised sand play table with scoops and shade
- wheelchair-accessible interactive tractor play and access to level 1 of treehouse tower
- direct access to all-abilities change rooms and parking facilities
The splash park operates from 10am to 8pm from December to March.
- a water play area with a range of jets providing an exciting water play experience
- a splash play table featuring pumps, troughs and water channels
- a water three ring water tunnel with squirting water jets
- an aqua-drop bucket
- a ‘creek’ bed seating area with water jets
The water splash park includes accessible pumps, troughs and water jet platforms.
Our splash park filtration system meets aquatics industry standards and is monitored daily. An alarm system alerts Council mechanical breakdowns so it can be attended to immediately.
The recently redeveloped Wallan Skate Park is located in Hadfield Park, adjacent to the town centre and directly in front of RB Robson Stadium.
Wallan Skate Park is a large smooth concrete park. There are a good variety of objects to skate, such as ledges, rails and gaps, and will cater to both tranny and street skaters.
Wallan Skate Park is located in Hadfield Park, which includes the Community Bank® Adventure Playground.