Mango Lodge, 52 Bengtson Rd, River Heads QLD 4655, Australia
In the heart of nature lies this rustic accessible cabin located in a caravan park. Surround yourself with awe-inspiring nature, birdlife and wildlife at Mango Lodge.
- Solid timber slab unique cabin with deep open-air claw foot bath overlooking 100-year-old mango tree. Outdoor gas bbq on the back porch with fire pit and 150-year-old wood stove compliment the authentic Australian themed cabin.
- Fully adjustable beds with Tempur mattresses for ultimate comfort, air conditioning, 2 flatscreen TV.
- A Large double roll-in shower with shower chair and hoist.
The outdoor bath is not accessible from the cabin via a wheelchair however there is a hoist which is portable that could be used to hoist someone into the bath.
This accessible Mango Lodge is positioned inside the RV Caravan Park, which is also fully accessible with the bush kitchen and also the shower toilet and laundry facilities at Wallaby wash house are all accessible.
Additionally, the Mango Lodge is pet-friendly.
- Explore the 75-acre nature reserve at accessible Mango Lodge and go bird watching. Over 60 species have been identified so far on their 40-acre part of the reserve.
- Visit the local cafe overlooking the Rivers.
- Enjoy fishing from the River Heads solar-powered jetty.
- Experience Whale watching at Hervey Bay.
- The delightful boardwalk along the Esplanade with lovely ocean views and accessible dining.
- Right on the property of accessible Mango Lodge, there is a natural billabong where the Sacred Kingfisher has been spotted.