What MSAC offer:
MSAC offers swimming lessons in a supportive and fun environment. Accommodating special needs, the classes enable everyone to enjoy their water experience. Classes are half an hour in duration and provide one-on-one tuition.
MSAC’s stadium facilities include a show court suitable for international basketball, volleyball, gymnastics and martial arts events, plus two sports halls which are regularly used for basketball, badminton and table tennis.
Stadium facilities include:
- 10 court squash facility with international standard glass show court
- 12 court badminton stadium
- 27 table table tennis facility
- 10 court basketball facility including the 1800 seat show court
- 3 volleyball Courts
State Netball & Hockey’s stadium facilities include:
- Main netball stadium with permanent seating for 1800 and a maximum capacity of 3050
- Secondary netball hall with three sprung-floor netball courts
- 4 permanent outdoor netball courts
- 2 world-class hockey pitches
Lakeside Stadium facilities include:
- Seating for up to 7400 spectators
- International standard athletic running track
- Designated athletics warm up area
- FIFA-sized natural grass pitch
The Wellness Zone is part of the Health & Wellness Centre and has a Hydrotherapy Pool with ramp providing full disability access. The quiet, relaxed atmosphere makes it the perfect place for hydrotherapy and gentle exercise.
Multi Purpose Pool
Heated to 32 degrees, the Multi-Purpose Indoor Pool caters for hydrotherapy and has access to a hoist and entry steps for people with disabilities.
Melbourne Sports Hub offers to key programs for children and young adults with a disability or in need of a modified program. Sporty Tackers is a new weekly program for young people 8 – 15 years with an intellectual disability, combining a range of fun indoor sports all in one safe and central location. Sporty All Stars is a program created for people aged 15 – 25 years with an intellectual disability. The program runs Saturdays from 2 – 4pm through the school term.
For more information about our products and services tailored to patrons with special needs, please phone us on (03) 9926 1555.
The State Sport Centres Trust is committed to being a world leader in the provision of facilities for sporting events and activities that enhance community health and wellbeing.
The Disability Action Plan has been prepared in accordance with the Victorian State Disability Plan.
The adoption and implementation of this Disability Action Plan demonstrates SSCT’s commitment to implementing the Victorian Governments State Disability Plan at all SSCT facilities.
- Wheelchair Accessible Area
- Accessible Bathroom
- Disabled Facilities
- Adult sized change table
- Ceiling Hoist
- Lowered washbasin